Lame Deer, Montana

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

5 days and 11 states later....

The Teton Mountains
We finally made it! 5 days, 11 states, 2 state parks, way too much fast food, and 4 hotels later...We made it. The weather is surprisingly warm. I left with snow flurries and came back to 78degree heat. Weird. Thankfully there is no humidity so it is perfect!! We don't have any of our kids yet. We had to turn in some paperwork for the state today, so it may be two weeks before we are able to get any children. We still have some fixing up to do around the house, so a little more time is a great thing.

I almost can't believe I am here. I guess with the kids not being here, I haven't fully grasped the concept of what God has called me too, here in Lame Deer. We have met several people in surrounding areas and every time we tell them why we are here, they have all had the exact same response of general excitement. I have heard lots of stories about what to expect and things some of these kids have gone through and not to expect any of them to be loving or have good attitudes. I have heard stories that have brought on fear and sadness. Emotions will be running high around here for a long time, so I am just praying the Lord will give us all the strength we need to do our jobs not only as "parents," but as missionaries to his kingdom. But just as his word says in Luke (18:7) God will always give what is right to his people that cry out to Him night and day, and He will not be slow to answer them. I know the Lord will protect us, I know the Lord will love us; I know the Lord will intercede and open the hearts of these children to the love we have to offer. I am so thankful to serve a God whose love for me is not based on deeds, but based on one decision, whether or not I believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment