Lame Deer, Montana

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Steadfastness

I am reading the book of James.  How awesome would it be if your name was in the Bible and after it this statement follow "a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ." James 1:1. I know I am a servant of God and the Lord Jesus Christ, but to know that your name is printed in God's word and that as the description of your name has to be one of the most unexplainable emotions that God has ever created.

I am in such a weird place spiritually. Weird may not be the best adjective, maybe confused or unsure? It is the beginning of week 3 and we still have no children. I have days when I think, what am I doing right now? I have been convicted of my attitude and ask that you continue to pray for the Lord to lead me and help me not to grow weary, but sometimes it is hard. As I ask the Lord for comfort, I go to his word and of course there it is in James. Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. James 1:2-4 


Clearly I am meeting trials of various kinds... Most people don't sit around waiting for kids to come knocking on their door. I am; I am waiting for the little children that God has hand picked to walk through my door and for me to love. God has given me time for my faith in him to saturate me in every aspect of my spiritual life so that when my babies get here my steadfastness has its full effect.  


Steadfastness, a life of faithful endurance amid troubles and affliction. Steadfastness leads ultimately to perfection. Do not misunderstand what I am saying. I strive for perfection, but I know I will never have it. Just like the bible says, believers grow in holiness but are not yet perfected in it; such perfection will only be realized at the return of our Savior Jesus Christ. 


What I think I am getting at is that each and everyday that something is not going quite like I had planned, God continues to remind me that he is smarter than I am.  I refuse to let my God's sacrifice of his son be in vein. I refuse to let the devil think he has power and bondage over my life. God's timing is perfect. The day the children come will be the day God chose for reasons I will never know. That could  be on my list of questions for when I get to heaven, but what I do know is that I serve Perfection. 


Please continue to pray for the Sozo Montana team. Please pray for the children that God has chosen for this home. It may be a slower process than planned originally but God is going to blow the roof off of this place when it finally hits! GLORY GLORY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment