Lame Deer, Montana

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Crosspoint Baptist Church


I feel the need to brag on my amazing pastor and church family at Crosspoint Baptist Church in Argo, Alabama. I know I haven't been gone long, but as I prepare for this journey the Lord has called me too I thought about the people and the simple pleasures I take for granted everyday that I was going to miss and one of them was my church. I am so blessed to have a church family that will open their hearts to me and pray over me as a congregation; who will come lay their hands on me and pray faithfulness and diligence over me; who will give to me so that I will be content financially; who will shower me with love, adoration, and prayer. I am so blessed to have a pastor that PREACHES THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST!!!


 Ryan Whitley is one of my heroes. I don't even know if he knows how much I appreciate his willingness to preach the word raw and undisputed. He is a man who is truly after God's heart. He takes responsibility for his congregation and strives daily to expand the kingdom of God. His mission is not comfort, but salvation. The moment we get comfortable as Christians is the moment we need to reevaluate where our priorities stand. If you are comfortable as a Christian at Crosspoint then you are not listening to what Ryan Whitley is saying because every week I walk into my church I leave knowing I have a lot of  work to do in my spiritual walk with Christ. I am embarrassed that so many people now, sugar coat the gospel to make you feel comfortable. It's disgusting and I know my Savior just cries when he sees what his people are doing to his word. God did not create us to be comfortable, yes, he wants us to live a joyful and happy life, but our ultimate goal as fishers of men is to do just that - FISH FOR MEN! Expand his kingdom, add Just One More to the kingdom of heaven.


If you ever need a place to go to hear the word of Christ, I strongly urge you to visit Crosspoint. Crosspoint is filled with liars, cheaters, adulterers, drunkards, proud, arrogant, imperfect sinners that love the company of other people who want to be fed the word of God. None of us are without sin, so we all gather together in his name and give Him Glory for the blessings in our lives. God is not impressed by us, humble yourselves before the Lord.


Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance. Luke 15:7

No comments:

Post a Comment